Inhouse training lead to a paying Job.
This course is designed for people who would like to start health care assistant career but have none knowledge or experience in health and Social Care sector. Also, this course is suitable for people who have had a gap in work experience due to different circumstances and would like to refresh/update their knowledge before applying for health care Assistant vacancies.
The course has been designed for care assistants who seek employment in nursing homes and the community setting. The course is based on government policy to increase the competence of care given by health care assistants with a view to becoming regulated to a national care standard.
This course is conducted over evenings or weekdays or weekends (please contact us for the next available training dates and times).
- All candidates must be 18+ years old.
- All candidates must have a good understanding of written and spoken English.
- The role of a Health Care Assistant
- Food hygiene
- Patient confidentiality
- Communication, face to face, through barriers
- Care of the dying patient
- What are observations and how to deal with them
- Health and safety
- General care of the patient and environment
- Lifting and handling
- Infection control/Fire
- Health emergencies
- Managing visitors
- Mobility, exercise
- Discussion forum
- Several other topics